· Drawing and Coloring
· Variables, Operators, and Assignment
· If and Comparisons
· For Loops
· Nested Loops
· Rotation and Translation
· Lists (Array)
· Methods on Objects
· Bitwise Operators (And Or)
· Intro to Animation
· Mouse Interaction
· Youth of grade 7th to 12th in Fall 2013
· Able to browse Internet and use Web mail
· Sign up Khan Academy(60 points)
· Bring laptop (Windows or Mac) to class with Google Chrome installed
· Home work watching the specified video. (8 x 40 = 320 points)
· Attendance (40 pints each, total 8 x 40 = 320 points)
· Final project, a very basic project due in a week (200 points)
· Write up a feedback (100 to 300 words), due in a week. (100 points)
· The total points should be 1000 points.
· The successful student with at least grade B will be considered for scholarship, which will be awarded as PayPal full refund.
· The criteria is according to this grading system.
· This is a very hands-on class. Students are going to watch a few short video clips and start coding in the class from day one.
· Simple assignments will be handed out. Students are expected to complete them at home and hand-in electronically by next class.
· A final project about creating a simple game is expected to be completed within one week after the last class.
· We only offer class training, and parents are responsible for the rest, including ride, student safety, and student proper behavior.
· The class does NOT teach anything related to Advanced Placement Computer Science or AP Java. Its nothing to do with HTML, either.
Parents can learn with us and help your child by visiting Code Monster
Note: The fees will be $100, but we offer many scholarships. If you are a successful student, the fees plus scholarship, will be $0.
This class is full, you may want to consider putting your name in the waiting list for possible cancellation and for our future planning. Besides, you will be notified next time.